- Collection and use of information
- Information storage
- Information sharing and disclosure
- Security and prevention against loss, misuse or alteration of information
- Your ability to edit and cancel your account
- Contact details
Collection and use of information
If you do not register as a Member of FLASHBACK, the information we collect from you is limited. We log your IP address in order to help diagnose problems with our servers, administer this Website and track usage statistics. Your IP address may vary each time you visit, or it may be the same, depending on the type of internet connection. Either way, it would be extremely difficult for us to identify you through your IP address, and we make no attempt to do so. If you reach this Website by clicking on a link or advertisement on another website, then we also log that information. All of this information is collected and used only in aggregate; that is, it is entered into our database, where we can use it to generate overall reports on our visitors, but not reports about individual visitors.
If you choose to register as a Member of FLASHBACK, you will be able to take advantage of all of the features of this Website. FLASHBACK collects some or all of the personally identifiable information set out below when you stream a movie on the FLASHBACK service or register as a Member of FLASHBACK, when you access and use this Website and/or when you use FLASHBACK’s Products and/or Services. The information we collect will vary depending on the circumstances, e.g., if you use one of our rental services packages or download film or TV content, we will collect most of this information. If you simply use some of our services, (such as writing a review or entering a competition) we may only collect more limited information.
What we collect
- Full name
- Email address
- Information about the films, TV series and other content that you have rented, bought, streamed or downloaded
- User Material you submit (e.g., your ratings, reviews, user collections, quiz and other user submissions)
- Information you submit for your User Profile
- From Facebook, your Facebook user name and profile picture if you choose to use the FLASHBACK Facebook Application
We do not collect
- Your credit card and billing information. This information is collected by our payment process provider. FLASHBACK neither collects nor stores this information.
How we use it
- To recommend other films, TV series and other content that you may like to rent, buy, stream or download.
- To display your favourites list to others.
- To communicate with you regarding your account or purchase of FLASHBACK’s Products or Services -related matters.
- To provide you with order and billing history information.
- To contact you about the products and/or services on this Website in which you have expressed an interest.
- To display your User Profile to others users of this Website (in accordance with your security settings).
- If chosen by you, to allow you to use the FLASHBACK Facebook Application (in accordance with your security settings).
- To email you offers, news and information.
- To send you samples of, or marketing materials relating to, third party products or services which we believe may be of interest to you. Such materials may accompany the discs you have selected to rent, or may be sent by us separately. Please note that at no time is it necessary for us to provide your personally identifiable information to third parties in order to send you these materials.
- To improve services and enhance personalisation, we may periodically obtain information about you from other third party sources from whom we have lawfully obtained this data and add it to your registration information.
Additionally, authorised FLASHBACK personnel may update your registration information to accurately reflect any new information included in any communications received from you.
If you do not want to receive emails from us with offers, news and information, you can opt out of our newsletter in your “My Account” page.
All information you provide to us is stored in Australia only, on secure servers that are protected in secure facilities, including firewall protection.
We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The list below describe the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for. Currently we operate an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy, then you should either not use this site, or you should delete the cookies having visited the site, or you should browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari etc.)
First Party Cookies
These are cookies that are set by this website directly.
WordPress: Our websites runs the popular WordPress CMS and cookies are used to store basic data on your interactions with WordPress, and whether you have logged into WordPress. We use a session cookie to remember your log-in for you if you are a registered user and we deem these as being strictly necessary to the working of the website. If these are disabled then various functionality on the site will be broken.
Third Party Cookies
These are cookies set on your machine by external websites whose services are used on this site. Cookies of this type are the sharing buttons across the site allow visitors to share content onto social networks. Cookies are currently set by Twitter, Facebook, Google+, GitHub and Pinterest. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of our website. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on this website. If you’d like information on how to disable companies tracking your web use, email us at email@example.com.
Third Party Advertising
Information sharing and disclosure
FLASHBACK is committed to protecting your personal information. We will not disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent except:
- Where FLASHBACK is required by law to disclose information to third parties;
- Where the disclosure is necessary for the performance of our operations (eg. mail delivery, hosting services, protecting us from fraud, and payment of your account); or
We also may share your personal information with third parties (ie agents or sub-contractors) specifically engaged by FLASHBACK to provide services to us, in which case we will require those parties to keep that information confidential and secure and to use it solely for the purpose of providing the specified services to us.
Companies and individuals registered in the FLASHBACK Affiliate Programs receive aggregate information about customers that they direct to FLASHBACK through links on their websites. No personally identifiable information is provided to affiliate members. The information collected from our affiliates is used strictly for the affiliates program and will not be used for general marketing purposes.
FLASHBACK also provides analyses of our customers in the aggregate to prospective partners, advertisers, movie distributors and other third parties. We do this so that we and our business partners can understand you better, and so we can keep bringing you first-rate services. We may also disclose, on an anonymous basis, literal statements made by our customers. At no time, however, will we disclose personal information about specific customers.
Security and prevention against loss, misuse or alteration of information
FLASHBACK has implemented technology and security features, as well as strict internal guidelines, to safeguard the privacy of your personal information from unauthorised access or improper use. We will continue to enhance our security procedures as new technology becomes available.
While we make every effort to ensure that your information is secure on our system, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Your FLASHBACK account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. You can play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of your password used on the FLASHBACK website. We recommend that you change your password from time to time for additional security. Please advise us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
Access authorisation is granted only to key FLASHBACK staff and to our agents or subcontractors if necessary for the performance of our operations or for them to provide services to us. Any information accessed by those agents or subcontractors is required to be kept confidential and secure and is not permitted to be used for any purpose except to provide their services to us.
Backups are run to prevent loss of information, and our Internet servers are housed in secure facilities.
Your ability to edit and cancel your account
You can access the “My account” section from every page on this Website to update and correct the personal details that we gathered when you subscribed and/or when you chose to use any of FLASHBACK’s Products or Services. You must be logged in to access this information. All information is password-protected so no one can access the information but you.
FLASHBACK contact details
Flashback Holdings Pty Limited
Attention: Privacy Officer
10 Yalgar Street